Judge Again Delays Guantánamo’s First Death-Penalty Terror Trial
The 2000 terrorism case has been going on for so long that the parents of fallen sailors and shipmates who survived the attack have died.
It Is Happening Every Day, Every Where
The 2000 terrorism case has been going on for so long that the parents of fallen sailors and shipmates who survived the attack have died.
The letter comes as the commerce secretary plans to accompany President Trump to Saudi Arabia this week as part of a weeklong trip to the Middle East.
Prosecutors have said they will appeal the decision, although they lost a similar appeal this year.
The critical question of whether the prisoner’s 2007 interrogations could be used at his capital trial has shadowed the case for years.
The new Pentagon chief got a look at Guantánamo Bay’s most infamous inmate in his recent visit to the wartime prison.
After 20 percent of the World Trade Center Health Program staff was terminated last week, Democratic lawmakers were outraged. On Wednesday, Republican lawmakers joined them.
The Trump administration has said little about the Venezuelan men who were transferred from Texas to the U.S. military base in Cuba.
The new administration does not yet have a confirmed defense secretary, attorney general or solicitor general in place.
Lawyers for Khalid Shaikh Mohammed have said for years that the confession was tainted by torture. Mr. Mohammed has now agreed that portions can be used at his sentencing trial if prosecutors agree to settle his case.
A three-judge appeals panel will decide whether the plea deal Khalid Shaikh Mohammed reached to avoid a death-penalty trial remains valid.